Main Navigation

Projects

Welcoming Students to USPCASW, MUET

On August 31st, USPCASW at MUET hosted an orientation and welcome session for the first batch of M.S. and PhD students to enroll in the new program. Of the 53 students enrolled in the program, 44 students participated in the orientation. Vice Chancellor of Mehran University of Engineering & Technology-Jamshoro joined other senior university officials, senior professors, and USPCASW faculty and staff in welcoming the new students. Dr. Aslam Choudhry, Chief of Party for USPCASW at University of Utah, also participated in this session.

Students were oriented on the overall features of this program, its goal, vision & key components. Project Director Dr. Bakhshal Lashari briefed about the program, while Dr. Aslam discussed the role of University of Utah. Ms. Shabnam Baloch, Gender & Communication Expert, shared the Gender Equity Plan and strategies to implement it. The Vice Chancellor congratulated students on being the first to join the center.

Of the 53 students enrolled, approximately 19% are women. While this falls short of the USPCASW goal of 50% women enrolled in the program, it is up from the 15% women enrollment rate at MUET overall. The faculty and staff of the project are already looking at how to bring these numbers up when the next round of students is enrolled. The group is also looking to bring in more students from across Pakistan, as the majority of students currently come from Singh province.

In the first week, students are already offering positive feedback about USPCASW and the look and feel of the project.

“My Experience at this center has surpassed my expectations. We were warmly welcomed on our first day. The faculty is highly competent and supportive. I wish this center sustain for very long time” Faaiz Rafique Memon, M.S ENVENG

“Being a student of UPCASW, I feel that I have hold of a key to brighten my future” Bushra Danish Talpur, M.S ENVENG

“I feel comfortable at USPCASW. Such programs should be started all over country. I feel myself lucky to get admission here. In just a period of one week, I have got lot of things” Sallahudin, PhD-IWRM