Who should apply?
The Utah Water Innovation Program is open to students at select partner universities. To be eligible to apply, students must:
- Clearly articulate their idea for a water innovation product
- Be able to successfully secure a U.S. visa
- Be in a position to spend 10 weeks in Salt Lake City
- Demonstrate English language competency
What you'll learn
At the end of the program, students are expected to be able to:
- develop a comprehensive business plan for their entrepreneurial idea
- deliver an effective business plan presentation
- develop 5-year financial projections through financial modeling in MS Excel
- identify potential sources of funding for their specific entrepreneurial idea
- produce a functional prototype of their entrepreneurial idea
- leverage their professional network
Introduction to Entrepreneurship
Learn the technology commercialization process and participate in a condensed version of the business school entrepreneurship curriculum. A Professional Writing component will help you refine English writing skills.
Participants will have access to the equipment, tools, and training to develop prototypes of their innovation. Specific focus will be given to rapid prototyping technologies and how these technologies support innovation.
Students will participate in guest lectures by industry leaders, visits to successful water sector startups, and will make connections with water sector incubators and potential funding sources.
A summer program in Utah would be incomplete without the chance to experience our state’s legendary natural landscape. Students will:
- visit Southern Utah to camp and raft the Colorado river
- try rock-climbing in the Wasatch Range
- experience Utah’s unique history and culture
The cost of the program is $4,500 USD, which includes:
- Course materials
- Program Events
- Lodging (furnished apartments, shared by 2-3 program participants)
- Public transportation pass
Students are expected to cover the costs of:
- airfare to and from Salt Lake City, Utah
- visa costs
- health insurance
- personal trips within the U.S. outside of the program activities